Kindhearted volunteers from our community make a significant difference when it comes to keeping monthly fees low for residents at Community Village!
Community and Business Groups
Once you’ve experienced how good it feels to work as a team to benefit someone in your community, you’re hooked! Schedule your group monthly, quarterly or annually -whichever works best for you – and we’ll work together to find the project that fits your group.
Young people are a delight to have around Community Village! They bring with them an energy and enthusiasm that’s contagious. Whether you’re a student who needs to fulfill community service hours or you just have a big heart, we’d love to include you in a way that fits your interests.
Seniors and Retirees
You’ve worked hard all your life and have earned a break. Yet maybe you have more free time on your hands than you prefer and are considering ways that you could still make a difference. You’re exactly the caring kind of person we love to have around. The nice thing about being a volunteer at Community Village is that you get to call the shots: when you want to work, when you’ll be gone wintering in a warmer climate, what you’d like to do.
Several churches in the area have experienced great camaraderie as they take on a project like painting a room, assisting with landscaping, serving a meal, or leading a devotional. Contact Bonnie to discuss which project fits your group.
Opportunities for You to Consider
Engaging with our residents
- Musical performance
- Physical Therapy (PT) games
- Table games
- Reading to a small group
- Sunday sports
- Wii Games (bowling, Wheel of Fortune)
- Gardening Coach
- Interviewing and Writing Resident Mini-Biographies
Special Skills Opportunities
- Hospice Sitter – when a resident moves into hospice care, they sometimes need assistance with feeding or simple companionship.
- Medical Procedure Sitter – when a resident needs a surgical procedure (like cataract surgery), the surgeon often requires them to have a person waiting for them
- Driver (for persons with a clean driving record) – when a resident has a medical appointment, they will sometimes need transportation to their appointment
Facility Projects: Groups
- Seasonal Decorating
- Window Cleaning (Spring/Fall)
- Painting (interior)
Facility Projects: Individuals
- Assist with Maintenance Projects
- Floor Maintenance
- Painting (interior)
Dining/Nutrition Opportunities: Individuals or Groups
- Serving Daily Meals
- Meal Prep and Clean-Up
- Special Baking Projects
- Holiday Meal Prep and Serving