Familiarizing yourself with the amenities provided by your care facility will aid in creating your specific packing list.
What to Bring with You
- Bed (twin-size) – optional; we can provide a bed
- Laundry Basket
- Clothing – mostly comfortable clothing that doesn’t require dry cleaning. Some dressy items would be nice for special events and holidays.
- Clothes Hangers
- Shoes, socks, slippers
- Furniture as needed (easy chair, desk, nightstand, etc.)
- TV, radio, stereo
- Telephone and/or cell phone with charger
- Waste basket (small)
- Assistive devices – eyeglasses, hearing aids, dentures, canes, walkers, etc.
- Personal Items & Toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrush, denture products, comb, brush, soap, shampoo, shaving products, incontinence supplies
- Decorative items – curtains (optional), artwork, wall hangings, clock, photos, houseplants
- Personal computer, laptop or electronic tablet
- Playing cards, board games, hobby items
- Books and other reading material
What Not to Bring to Assisted Living
- Large furniture sets
- Kitchen items